CADMATIC software has been designed to be as open as possible, to allow smooth cooperation, integration, and interfacing with other technology suppliers and software systems. CADMATIC’s open database and numerous interoperability functions enable data to be easily transferred between systems.
Various eXchangers allow data between different software programs to be exchanged with options to include metadata or keep reference models only.
Documents for construction can be output in the most common formats, such as DWG and PDF, and delivered in the required manner.
For CADMATIC Hull
Several interfaces that can be used to:
- Import and export 2D views and 2D drawings from and to other drafting systems such as AutoCAD®, according to the AutoCAD® DXF and DWG formats, and NAPA Steel.
- Export 3D hull geometry to other 3D systems according to AutoCAD®; DXF and DWG, IGES, SAT and STEP formats.
- Convert the 3D Hull model into AutoCAD® 3D workspace for further processing. A Hull ARX plug-in module is available for translating the 3D hull model into native AutoCAD format.
- Transfer a (complete) NAPA Steel model to the CADMATIC 3D hull database. This can be done with the NAPA Steel Import module. The existing topology in the NAPA Steel model is fully preserved and adopted by the CADMATIC database. Once the model is transferred it can be used for further detailed engineering as if it had been created with CADMATIC Hull.
CADMATIC ARX Plugin
For users who want to translate the 3D hull model into the AutoCAD® format, a free plug in module for AutoCAD® is available.
This tool converts a native 3D hull model into the AutoCAD® 3D workspace for further processing.
You need to register first, before you are forwarded to the download page! This provides us with ARX user information and allows us to send you ARX updates.
NOTE! CADMATIC ARX plugin is compatible with AutoCAD® 14, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 software versions (both 32 and 64-bit).
Read the EULA before downloading.
For CADMATIC Outfitting
Production documentation can be delivered in the required manner and in the most common output formats. The following interoperability functions are available:
- Export and import of 2D drawings from/to CADMATIC is an intelligent module for *.dwg, *.dxf, *.dwf, *.pdf and *.svg formats
- Import and export of AutoCAD® 3D models with the 3D eXchanger for AutoCAD®
- Converters for generating CADMATIC eBrowser models and CADMATIC 3DD files from PDS®, PDMS®, Smart3D® or Polytrans by Okino® models
- Conversion services to convert 3D intelligent models in PDS®, PDMS® and other formats into CADMATIC intelligent models (including the entire parametric model and attribute values).
- Import files from 3D laser scanning system into CADMATIC Outfitting
Cadmatic eXchanger for AutoCAD
The eXchanger converts AutoCAD® solid models from and into CADMATIC reference models. This allows AutoCAD® users to use their AutoCAD 3D models (or models from Solidworks, AutoDesk Inventor and Catia) in their CADMATIC design projects.
The eXchanger can be downloaded for free from our download page. You need to register first, before you are forwarded to the download page.
NOTE! CADMATIC eXchanger for AutoCAD is compatible with AutoCAD® 2007 - 2017 software versions.
AutoCAD®, PDS®, PDMS®, Smart3D®, Okino®, SmartPlant® are registered trademarks. Any other product or brand names mentioned may be registered trademarks or trademarks of their respective owners.