Posted on Sep 22, 2017
On 20 September 2017, within the framework of the NEVA 2017 exhibition, a round table was held regarding the "optimization of design and production processes in shipbuilding and ship repair" for representatives of design and engineering organizations, shipyards, ship-owners and shipbuilding universities. Seventeen different organizations took part in the round table discussions.
During the round table the following topics were covered:
• Technical and organizational issues and ways to solve the implementation of CAD / CAD digital CAD / CAM technologies in production (in design bureaus and in shipyards) and in training centers (universities)
• Ways to improve the efficiency of shipbuilding through the use of CAD. Vision of CB "SiTech"
• Advantages of the CADMATIC Co-Designer distributed design system and experience of working on projects with counterparts dispersed in different locations
• Creating technical project models using high level topology in CADMATIC HiLTop
• Possibilities of creating an electronic ship passport, managing project data using CADMATIC eShare technology, the advantages of having an electronic ship passport
• Advantages of vessel model visualization and project management with the eBrowser module
• Technological preparation of production and the application of CAD / CAM technologies, innovative opportunities for ship repair
The State University of Marine and River Fleet (named after Admiral SO. Makarova) in Russia and CADMATIC from the Netherlands and Finland organized the event.
Follow our news by subscribing our RSS feed