CADMATIC Laser Scan Modeller is an integrated solution for seamless use of data from laser scanners to 3D models and production data. It boosts the use of laser scanning technologies in design projects. You can utilize point clouds directly in the 3D design tool with the use of familiar design tools.
Benefit from viewing and examining an existing ship or offshore layout when sketching a new layout, use point clouds as references in measuring and fitting, while designing new items in detail or remodelling existing items. While remodelling you can directly use settings, the library and components of other CADMATIC modules for the correct attributes and materials.
- No restrictions on laser scanning equipment and formats of point clouds
- Intelligent map of scanners with annotations
- Create 3D components using specifications and library
- Model produced is fully integrated with other CADMATIC modules, including automatic ISO and BOM generation, project review in eBrowser and integration with eShare Information Management
- Reduce time for surveys, operational down time on board, and the need for on-site trips
- Fewer unknowns and assumptions regarding existing layout, reduction in re-work due to instant availability of accurate dimensions and spatial geometries
- Scope of changes can be estimated quickly
- Lack of as-built electronic documentation available from the owner/operator is no longer a need of concern
Laser Scans – technical description